Welcoming a new baby into the family is an exciting and busy time in any parent's life. But for moms, adjusting to their new role and supporting their loved ones can mean that their well-being gets put on the back burner! If you're a mom experiencing postpartum pain, our family chiropractor in Valdosta, GA, is here to help you prioritize your health with efficient postpartum care that can help you get lasting relief.
Why See a Chiropractor After Giving Birth
Many women experience health challenges during and after pregnancy, including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Pelvic pain
- Hip pain and SI joint pain
- Pain during intercourse
- Diastasis recti (ab separation)
- Stress incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
These challenges are thought to be directly related to the physical, hormonal, and biomechanical changes that a woman's body undergoes during pregnancy and labor. Many other factors in a mom's life, including family and social support, breastfeeding, sleep, nutrition, and career and financial stressors can also influence or delay healing from these common postpartum issues.
Because chiropractic care takes a holistic approach to help people heal, it is an ideal resource for women experiencing persistent health concerns after delivering a baby, whether vaginally or via cesarean section.
How Our Chiropractor in Valdosta Can Help Postpartum Women
At Valdosta Chiropractic and Rehab, we serve and support postpartum women of all ages and backgrounds. Here are some ways we can help and the services we offer:
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments: Gentle yet effective manual techniques help realign the spine and pelvis, alleviating pain and calming the nervous system
- Massage therapy: Helpful for alleviating physical and emotional tension, enhancing lymphatic drainage and circulation, and preventing excess scar tissue and abdominal adhesions
- Real-time posture assessment and feedback: We'll help you develop correct posture and learn efficient techniques as you carry and nurse your baby, lift car seats, and complete other tasks
- Corrective exercises and stretches: Restore and improve the coordination and strength of the core and pelvic floor muscles
- Nutrition and wellness coaching: Learn practical dietary habits and lifestyle strategies to optimally support your body and mind
Even if you had children several years ago, a persistent health concern like back pain or hip pain could still be related to your experience with pregnancy and delivery, meaning you could still benefit from chiropractic care.
Schedule an Appointment with our Family Chiropractor in Valdosta, GA
Connect with a compassionate postpartum chiropractor today by scheduling an appointment at Valdosta Chiropractic and Rehab. Call us today at (229) 247-2828 for more information or to schedule an appointment.